10.04.2011

My Living Room {A Work In Progress}

I hate posting pictures of my decorating when a room is not finished. Things have slowed down decorating wise for me though, so I figured I should reveal something. This is the living room currently. Here is the view as you walk into the living room from the front door...
WY Apartment / Living Room
I really had no plan for this room when we moved in. I knew that my teal vintage chairs had to go in the room, because they didn't fit anywhere else in the apartment. We had no living room furniture at all and not a big budget! It all started with the huge ottoman we found at a thrift store...
WY Apartment / Living Room
We used the ottoman for weeks as a couch as we searched thrift stores almost daily looking for a sofa! Evenutally we found our green beauty from a thrift store on the Air Force Base, which also meant it was FREE...
WY Apartment / Living Room
The couch has grown on me. It's really comfy and the size is perfect for the room. I am not up for the challenge of reupholstering it, so the green has to work for now. I will however be recovering the ottoman with hot pink fabric and painting the wood frame white. I have no artwork for over the couch and my lamps are a little small for the space. I just have to use what I have for now though. I also decided to hang the vintage curtains I found in our living room. It really added some color on that wall...
WY Apartment / Living Room
The room has so much green and blue. Not what I planned at all. Once the ottoman is recovered though I think the look of the room will really change. I would love to get a huge shag rug to complete the room. Probably just white or cream. I know the dogs would love it! On the other side of the room is where I placed some of my IKEA bookcases...
WY Apartment / Living Room
Here you find more colors! This is also where most of our Vinylmation collection ended up. At first I just placed a few in the bookcases, then a few turned into a lot. I just really wanted to enjoy them daily. The bookcases are mainly full of photos, vases and my Marilyn Monroe books...
WY Apartment Bk shelf LivRoom1
It took me probably a total of 5 hours to arrange everything in a way I loved. Arranging displays is one of my favorite things to do. I plan to post detailed pictures of my bookcase display later. For now I keep searching for artwork and pillows for the couch area...
WY Apartment LivingRoom7
I really want to add more pink to the room. (Poor Cody) I am open to suggestions for artwork over the couch. I think I will end up painting something on my own. I can never find anything I like in stores. I have ideas of course, but not sure what feels right yet. We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.