10.09.2010

Painting Alice

I finally decided on something to paint on the canvas that hangs over my couch. I found this image of Alice in Wonderland and thought it would be fun to attempt to paint it myself. I will change the colors a bit so that it matches the apartment better.

alice in wonderland wallpaper3_0(intro)

I just started late last night. I used a projector to put most of the image on the canvas. I will go back and free hand all the small details. I spent about $13 on acrylic paints from Hobby Lobby.

Painting Alice 1


I wanted to prime the canvas, but realized I didn't have any primer. It just means more coats of paint! Oh well. Hopefully I stick with it, this is going to be very time consuming. I just think the finished product will be wonderful. I smile every time I see Alice and it reminds me of Disney World. Did I mention we are going again in December?? We can't wait!!

IMG_9030



Alice in Wonderland Image source {HERE}

1 comment:

  1. Love it. I think it's going to be really cool. I love your pop art style.

    I also think it's awesome that you are painting over your old painting. Perhaps you should leave some kind of clue as to what the painting used to be. I sometimes do this with my paintings, and I love the idea that there's hidden paintings behind the current image.

    Keep it up! Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.